Portland, OR

I just got back from a 3-day San Francisco to Oregon coast
road-trip. Sadly I had to leave the Milano at home whilst the
brakes were being seen to, and was left with my mother's '87
Accord and it's exhaust leak. However, I certainly enjoyed the
hour or so drive from Portland to Tillamook (highway 6 I
believe) and then another great (empty) road from the coast to
Salem (highway 22). These are the kind of roads I miss from
England. We just don't seem to have many quiet roads that aren't
super twisty or badly rutted in the Bay Area. Oregon roads
seemed to be far higher quality than California roads, and I
sorely missed the Milano whilst whizzing around the countryside.

Not sure if I'll make it to the convention (I did drive past the
hotel where it'll be held, the town of Tigard being my
girlfriend's former stomping grounds) but if you go I'm sure
you'll have a great time. Just watch out for all the pick-ups
that are as prevelent in OR as SUVs are in California...

Neil
'87 Milano Oro
San Francisco