Idle speed

Rob Strause wrote:
<<On my '91 Spider...once warm [idle] falls from 1k to 500 and oscillates
back and forth. Never stalls, but threatens to now and then...  Mechanic
says its normal for a fuel injected Spider, but I don't believe it.  Anyone
no otherwise ?>>

Don't believe it.  My '86 idles rock steady at 1,000, hot or cold, whether
having been thrashed for miles or stuck in traffic for hours.  Always struck
me as one of the nicer attributes of a thoroughly satisfying car.

Suggest you change mechanics.  Good luck!

Jon Inge
86 Spider Veloce "Arturo"
Edmonds WA