GTV-6 door latches

<<Any suggestions how to adjust the door latching mechanism on a GTV-6?  Can
the striker plate or latch be adjusted so the doors fit or close better?  One
door will not close flush with the body unless you put pressure on it from
outside.  The other I have to slam with considerable force but it will always
latch securely and flush with the body.>>

Has the problem door(s) ever been flung open too hard, or caught by the
wind and blown open too far?  The latter happened to me, and it caused the
hinges to be ever so slightly bent, which kept the doors from closing all
the way (it was just barely noticeble to me, but I didn't like it even so).
 Even if neither of those has happened to you, perhaps it's the hinges that
are keeping your doors from closing flush with the other body panels.
(Unfortunately, I think some of the hinge parts are out of production.)

Another possibility I learned about personally is when I replaced the GTV-6
door gaskets with units from Alfa Ricambi.  Like the non-factory trunk
gasket I bought from them for my 1750 GTV, these almost worked right.  They
were ebvidently a litle thicker than the factory gasket and kept the doors
from closing flush no matter how much adjusting I did with the door latches
and no matter how long I waited for them to eventually compress enough to
close flush.  Replacing with the (admittedly expensive) factory parts fixed
the problem.

Good luck with whatever the problem turns out to be.

Charlie Koster
1986 GTV-6
Kagel Canyon, CA