GTV6 door latch

For all who care:

I successfully "fixed" (broke) my driver's side door latch on the GTV6 so I
can lock it with the door open like in the old days when it was all gummed
up and (apparently) malfuntioning before I "broke" (fixed) it.  There's a
tab in the latch mechanism that hits one of the gears on the main
claw-thing-that-grips-the -stud-on-the-frame preventing it from locking
when the claw-thing-that-grips-the -stud-on-the-frame is in the "open"
position, so I just bashed on said tab with a nail set (not the kind my mom
keeps on the bathroom counter) until it cleared the gear it was supposed to
hit.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6  and fully prepared to lock my keys in the car a third time :)