164 door handle

OK, now that i did the job, tell me there was a easier way...
Arm rest was easy to loosen, the front piece with the mirror switch easy
to remove, I then just swiveled the arm rest up to get to interior door
latch. Old broken latch easy to get out (two screws holding pivot rod...
BUT NOW THE  HELL do you get the new unbroken latch through the
opening????? I tried both ways ..from inside and outside for about a 1/2
hour.. no way. I finally mutilated the hole opening with razor and drill
bit and got it in... at least my butchery does not show. What did I do
wrong?
- --
BRUCE'S PARTS BIN   Italian AutoParts on the Internet!
Retail Store: 256 Harding Hwy, Newfield, NJ 08012. Phone: 856-358-1555.
E-Mail: bruces@domain.elided . Internet: http://www.fiatparts.com
ALFA Catalog: http://www.fiatparts.com/acpage0.htm