Re: American tastes

Adam says:

<<As a follow-up to the "No Alfas in the US" topic: One of the issues that
kept surfacing was the idea that US drivers can't/don't want to drive in
a spirited fashion. ...<snip>... Consequently, there is a sizeable and
profitable market for
'Driver's Cars' in the US. ...>>

I believe that even though there's always a mass of A---B goers in this
country, newer generations of kids have been much more inclined to pick
smaller, manual tranny cars.  Look at the rice boys, like what they drive or
not, they enjoy cars, and like to do things to their toys.  (no flames
please, I'm not defending *that* category of drivers).  Point is that if a
better (and still affordable) car was available, visible, known, marketed,
then it would be sold to those people.  They just don't know better.  Young
people buy Jettas, VW GTI's, little hondas because they look cool and are
*fun* cras, and that's what's available, and that's what they get.  If young
people knew that a 145 or 146 was reliable, and they could buy it, I'm sure
they would.  Young people, especially, like to drive, enjoy fun cars, races,
and everything about cars.  Actually always have.  Before they *only* had
ponnies and Dusters and Camaros, now their choices are wider 'cause of the
japanese flooding.  (Just see how many Miatas were sold) Alfa just wasn't
there loud enough to be seen I guess.  Marketing failed.  Don't just be
misled by the 250 million other freeway dwelers with cruise controlled
automatics.  There are plenty of potential Alfa buyers/drivers here.  There
is just too much competition now.
Jorge
89 Milano
74 GTV
2002 158 GTA 3L 24V turbo 4WD may be some day?