ABS tease

Anyone ever experienced this?  Driving my 164S the other day, I just
started noticing that when I'm coming to a stop, even on perfectly dry
pavement the ABS feels as if it's engaging the last few feet.  The wierd
thing is that it only happens under light pedal pressure.  Under hard
pressure the system comes on as needed and seems to be working fine.  It's
just get aggrivating when you're in traffic and the brake pedal won't sit
still.  What could cause this?
Thanks in advance
- -Ryan
'92 164S 56k