ABS tease

> Anyone ever experienced this?  Driving my 164S the other day, I just
> started noticing that when I'm coming to a stop, even on perfectly dry
> pavement the ABS feels as if it's engaging the last few feet.  The wierd
> thing is that it only happens under light pedal pressure.  Under hard
> pressure the system comes on as needed and seems to be working fine.  It's
> just get aggrivating when you're in traffic and the brake pedal won't sit
> still.  What could cause this?
> Thanks in advance
> - -Ryan
> '92 164S 56k

Ryan -

Just thinking, which always seems to get me into trouble, but
none-the-less.  This from
someone who doesn't use ABS (no cars n ew enough).   Is it possible that
you have (at
least one) warped brake rotor.  I had a work van which did this same
thing, and that
was the diagnosis.  Seemed like a shuddering under light pedal pressure,
and then when
I nailed the brakes as hard as I dared in the Toyota (unstable piece of
**** that it
was) the shuddering dissipated.

Just a thought

Jay Negrin