Stub Axle Removal

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<From: jonesy@domain.elided

Hi Folks,
Can someone please advise me of the correct tool and method
for the removal of the stub axles in Alfetta/GTV6/75/Milano/90 cars?

The problem seems to be: how to undo the ball joints/tie rod ends
without breaking something?  I am concerned that if I pound too
hard on the ball joint removal tool (looks like a tuning fork), I will
wreck my reconditioned steering rack, ball joints, etc. I wish to
avoid buying new ball joints, if at all
possible.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The other type of splitter pushes the ball joint  out of the suspension
part. It has two arms. joined at a fulcrum about midway on the length of
the arms. One end of one arm kas a fork in it to fit around the stud of
the ball joint,  between the suspension or steering part and the ball
joint. The other arm fits against the end of the stud. A large screw, on
the opposite end of the tool, threads through one arm and presses
against the other. As the screw is tightened, it forces the arms
together, pressing the stud of the ball joint through the other
component. Sometimes the force exerted will not directly split the
components, but "rapping smartly" (as opposed to beating stupidly on a
pickle-fork separator) will usually pop them apart. This is a much-less
destructive method than the pickle fork, and the tool is not very
expensive (at least in the U.S.).

Paul Rollins