Fuel Economy

I keep track of every drop of fuel that I put in all my cars and record
milage at every fill up.  My SPICA cars get a fairly consistent 19-22 mpg
city and highway.  My 79 2000 Euro Alfetta with twin Solexes gets 20-25 mpg
city and 25-30 mpg highway if I drive it.  If my wife drives it she gets even
better milage (she gets the same mileage on the SPICA cars as I do).  A few
years back I took my Euro 69 1750 GTV on a day long "tour" speeds rarely fell
below 75 mph and I got 34 mpg.  My 4.0 liter Jeep Cherokee gets 19-20 mpg
city and 20-22 mpg highway. Mashing the accelerator pedal to the floor at
every opportunity obviously results in lower mileage on all but the Jeep - oh
but WOT on the carbs sounds so good!

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas