Fuel economy

After having the engine of my '73 GTV rebuilt, we drove down to Kansas City
for the convention.  For the actual drive, we hovered around 30mpg (!).  I
wasn't surprised at the time, but my mechanic sure was.

Its got 10:1 pistons, Ingram regrind cam, and Ingram lightly modified SPICA.
Probably just as important, the whole engine was balanced.  Talk about
smooth.

I'm thinking of telling my wife to drive it this summer, and I'll suffer
through the Honda HF to save money.  Her 164 gets around 20, and the Ranger
is about 15...  Good thing that my miata is about 30mpg.

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering
(313)33x75011