Strong Gas Odor in Spider

My "new" 1990 Spider has a strong gasoline odor inside the car.  I filled
the car 2 days ago and the tank is now half full.  During the past two days
the odor has always been present.  I just had a major service by a well
known Alfa mechanic so everything should be in good working order.  Any
suggestions as to how I can get rid of the odor?  Besides making me sick to
my stomach, I do not want the car to catch on fire.  TIA.