Alfa pedal arrangements

I was driving home from lunch a little bit ago and while braking for a turn
I needed to drop a gear.  This reminded me of the pedal arrangement in my
current Alfa, a 164S.  They don't line up like they should!!  When I was an
Alfanewbie (like I'm an expert now?) I thought my Milano's pedals were too
close, at least compared to my old Rabbit!  You could drive that car with
ski boots on, and I did once!  Unbuckled of course ;-)

Later, after spending plenty of quality time with the Milano, I came to
enjoy the setup quite well, in fact it was perfect for me.  The go pedal was
at the correct height when the brakes were applied.  Made double clutching
easier.  Then I bought a GTV6 and I think they might've been a little
better.  How cool is that?  Then I had a couple Spiders and hated the
driving position from the waist down.  That's one big reason that keeps me
from buying a Spider for awhile.  Then I bought the 164S and thought they
are spread apart a little too far, and the go pedal is not where I'd like it
to be.  The Alfetta GT I picked up is super fun to drive, light steering,
awesome handling, and guess what?  Perfect pedals!

I haven't driven any pre-Alfetta style Alfas with the exception of the late
70's to mid 80's Spiders.  Actually yes I have driven a couple GTVs and they
are pretty good from what I remember.  What about all the other ones?
Anyone care to share their opinions on the above?

Cheers,
Zach
Redmond, WA
'91 164S
'76 Alfetta GT - for sale (it's supposed to be nice this weekend if you'd
like to take a peek)
'00 SV650 - rode it back to work cause it's soooo sunny today!