Re: Milanos and Snow Tires

Ronald C Coddington wrote:
"For winter, my Milano Platinum sports a set of four Toyo
Observ G-02 195-60R14 T-rated tires on a set of used Milano
Gold steel rims.  They are on their third winter, they have
a ton of tread left, and the car is my daily driver..."

Ditto Rod,
My daily driver Platinum runs on Hakkapelitas all winter.
Snow is not a problem, I won't say the same about cold
weather (door locks, stiffness, christmas lights).  I'm
using Platinum 15" rims and the highest profile tire I could
fit in to the wheel well.  I once made it through 12" of
snow for ~ 2 blocks before I hit a plowed road with this set
up.  Neighbors thought I'd never make it.

I'll say one thing, snow tires make a hell of a difference.
One year I was late in getting the snow tires on and had to
drive through an yearly 2 " snow with my Continentals on.
It was like having steel drums for tires.  Sat there on a
slight slope spinning my wheels while "everyone" else drove
around me.  Very embarrassing.

Be prepared.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
87 Platinum