low oil pressure

Hi All,
A while back, I asked about my car not building oil pressure as quickly as
it usually did. I heard back from several people, and the possible causes I
was advised of were:
	a) oil filter without an anti-return valve, which would starve the
engine of oil. I got an Alfa oil filter to test out this theory, but I've
always used the same brand of filter without it causing these problems.
	b) gummed up oil pressure light or gauge sender - the funny thing
about this is, both the light and gauge indicate low pressure.....
	c) bad bearings - I've just had a rebuild 48K ago, besides which the
engine holds pressure fine once it gets there.
I haven't had a chance to test any of these, since it's been raining and
I've been driving the sacrificial wet weather car (Golf - I actually just
don't drive the Alfa in the rain because I'm too lazy to clean it).

As far as Canada is concerned, remember you have us to thank for such
wonderful musical talents as Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, and Alanis Morissette
(deep sarcasm :-).

Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA