Dittos:GHyde's remarks

Halleluja chorus! I heartily second Gordon Hyde's comments in digest 1348.
I won't attend the Portland meeting but it would be nice if the digest
alfisti focus themselves on immediate, Alfa related material; forego
foolish political opinions, long winded and most boring travelogues,
threads on whose roads are "better", articles written in pig English, etc.
(Note: in the same digest, D. Sedon actually wrote a brief comment in
standard, non-corrupted and decidedly non-humorous English. It was a breath
of fresh air.) I have enjoyed the Alfa digest for the most part and found
it very helpful; however, I find myself fast-scanning/skipping over large
sections, if not all of it, to avoid over-taxing my small brain by not
having to wade through all that non-relevant crap that comes across. Most
of us, I would think, expect to log on and find Alfa stuff---not poor,
frustrated public speakers standing on orange crates screeching nonsense as
if the rest of us want to read it. Save it for Hyde Park in London---not
the Alfa digest. Now that I have fully participated in what I criticize, I
will shut the hell up, say no more on the subject and just hope all that
crap evaporates like bad gas, that it might be, instead of gagging the
Alfisti with it.

88 Verde
88 Spider
69 Duettos