RE: Roads, countries, hot dogs, pizzas, wfo..

>Rich
>Luca didn't say Americans are rich, he said USA is a rich country, which it
>is, compared to most others.  That John Smith in Midtown , America is not
>rich is a different story.  But the rest of the world sees America, not
>Americans, as a rich country.  And I think they are right.
>Jorge (not rich)
>in rich California.

I have long felt that part of the perception problem in "everyman's
perception of our level of wealth in Europe may lie in the fact that for
Americans, $1 million = $10(6) , $1Billion=$10(9), and $1Trillion =$10(12)
whereas for most on the other side of the Atlantic, while $1million is
still $10(6), $1 billion =$1(12) and $1trillion= $10(24)!!!

Quite a difference! And virtually all financial and budget news is done
with words, not zeros or powers of 10!

Greg