164 Seat Belt Clasp

Well, I've added an Alfa Romeo 164L to replace my recently sold Milano.
 This car has a somewhat interesting history, but to make things short it
was stolen and a couple of pieces damaged.  Here's the main problem: the
button on the driver's seat belt clasp (piece bolted to the floor) is
jammed in the "depressed" position.  When I insert the belt buckle, the
clasp doesn't "click" (since the button is jammed) and the belt slides back
out.

I've found a replacement clasp at APE, but I would like to ask how to
install it.  Is it necessary to remove the driver's seat?  Or is there a
magic trick involving flex sockets, gooseneck adapters, the phase of the
moon and telekinesis?

Thanks!

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 138k miles
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 68k miles
1991 164L, "GrayHawk", 78k miles (I take possession 3/1)