Roads, countries, hot dogs, pizzas, wfo..

Well, I're read all the posting related to these arguments,
all the replies (private or public) to my mails (always to be read
with humor).

So, putting all the pasta :-) in one single BIG pog, I say: ;)))

First of all I don't fall in stereotypes when I write what I wrote... :)
all my ideas come from my mad brain, and not from common views or TV...
both things I hate like hell.  After all Italy is one of the most
stereotypized countries: pasta, pizza, spaghetti, ferrari, football.
(ups... see how I started this mail... oh yeah... is for being compatible
with ya... maybe I stereotypize the way you stereotypize us.... ARGH!)
OK...
Well...
mmmhhh...
I, sadly, never driven in USA. I've driven in EUROPE and in SOUTH AMERICA,
but never in USA, nor in Canada.  I'll do one day... I'm a travel maniac
so I will come over there one day. Too many friends spreads in Yankiesland ;-)

Anyway I didn't say that you all drive boring cages on boring roads drinking
coke and eating hotdog, I just said that's the common idea Italians/Europeans
has about USA.
And I'm gonna explain the reasons why: USA, South America, and Australia
are known as "new worlds". Civilization has been taken there from HERE (point
for us? HA!), and everything has been built new. That's why the all the
cities
you have are built by BLOCKS, with perpendicolar roads.
My gal is Argentinian, another "new world".... and I've been SHOCKED when
I saw that even the small town lost in the middle of the desert, with 4 houses
is made as perfect geometric shape.
Then you have all new roads, I mean .. roads that weren't there at the time
of Roman Empire.... and it's pretty NORMAL they are straight if they must
connect TWO points... especially if between these points there's just plain
endless desert.
I suggest you all to come here for a visit.
I INVITE YOU.
You'll get lost on our roads.
You'll get lost in our cities.. that are all but geometric...
For US daily commuting is made on 2ndary roads, not on highways.
And we don't need to say "WOOW! I'm lucky cuz I live at 10min from Twisties
or at 15 mins from Mountains".  We SIMPLY live OVER 'em. Take a look to
italian map: it's almost all mountain. Even MOTORWAYS are built over mountains

and are twisty.
Mountains are part of US: the mountain closest to my house is 20 meters
(yes, TWENTY METERS) right out side my garage (I'm gonna take some new
bike's pics soon, I'll take some shoots about that too...).
We must face the corners even for driving to work every morning.
Take a look to my homepage... see the pics of me on my bike... some of 'em
are made in public roads... getting FULL of bikes over the weekend.
Another point is POLICE: in Italy and all over the Europe I can say it isn't
obsessive or ballbreaker like the one you have there. We can deal once
pulled up...
and we NORMALLY never respect speed limits. Never. Nobody.
I laught when, on Suzuki Bikes Mailing List, I see debates about LANE
SPLITTING.
Once such a thread is fired up, all the yankies begin to talk talk talk...
write
miles of emails feeling guilty cuz they lanesplitted at the semaphore light.
Where's the problem ?????????? We just do it and don't care!!! Legal or not...
I neither know if it's legal! :)  We says "if you got a car you stay on
the lane and wait, if you got a motorcycle you just get the rain". This means
that no bike is gonna wait w/o overtaking the vehicles aheas waiting for
green lite.
We don't wank our head thinking if it's rite or not. We JUST DO IT. And we
have the right enviroment to do it.

About FIAT. Agnelli is "SENATORE A VITA" (=lifetime senator) he rules Italy,
got TONS of money, his family is rich like hell, he got FIAT factories
world wide (2 or 3 only in southamerica):  I believe that Ford makes money,
but BE SURE that Fiat ain't needing to beg ... even w/o USA market.
Alfa is missing in USA only.  Try to go to south america... that commonly
called 3rd world.... try to go Argentina, a country, IMO, politically ENSLAVED
by USA: They got new Alfas... YOU DON'T! HA! ;-)
if I would be american, thinking I live in the best country.. and knowning our
"slaves" are driving new alfas while we don't... well I'd just go crazy!!! :-)

Still keeping my humor, so not wanting to offend anybody... I wanna tell
ya one thing:  Most of you should GET out USA for a bit.  IT's the richest
country, and living there makes you BLIND, makes you thinking you got all
ya need. Maybe it's rite... but GET OUT for let's say one month. But don't
go for touring like all camera equipped funny Japaneses I see in Venezia,
Firenze or Roma: go and get in touch with Locals.  Come in my area, get
an hotel near my house and come around with me for some days (so you'll
feel how's a 75 Turbo YOU CAN'T HAVE THERE! Ha!): live the DAILY life...
not the touring life... touring is all but the reality IMO.
Do it and you will SURELY kill lotsa myths you have in your head about EU,
but you will also kill lotsa things you think about YOUR own country.
Try to see your country from OUTSIDE.  It helped me getting in touch
with foreign people to see how they see my country. It's really interesting.
I always thought to live in one of the 2 greatest countries in a matter
of Food (Italy and France) till I went to Buenos Aires, and I got to know
their SUPREME MEAT .... so THAT would be the place for me in a cookery point
of view.  End of a myth.

One of you mailed me a nice interesting mail (that I'm gonna reply, but
read this one too before) and ended with:
"Every country is more interested in the US than the US is interested in it."
Well maybe... not my case anyway... but let me say: "Americans are more
interested in Alfa Romeo than the Alfa Romeo is interested in
Americans"......
With this I think I've said 'enuff...  :-)))))))

I will be rambling more later... ;)

Luca ;)

nodoubt,
937 landpilot