italian car disease, new strain

So, a few months back, I sold the 164 LS, as I no longer needed a comfy
and modern cruiser (my wife's Audi A6 is enough).

A while back, I asked a question to this forum about the best exotic
car to get as a replacement, if one were limited by a 20K budget.

I looked at Maseratis (almost bought a 59 3500GT), hunted Panteras (few
were in my price range), and considered staying in the fold with a
purchase of a 2600, a Giulia Sprint, or even a Montreal.

I knew that the right thing to do would be to get a classic, swoopy 60s
sports coupe. It would be a good investment, everyone thinks they look
good, etc. But I have always been drawn to the wedgy 70s styling. I
have also liked the orphans, the unusual cars that present a good
value. Furthermore, the 70s cars seem easier to drive and just more
modern (duuh..)

What I ended up with was a 1975 Dino 308GT4. It is less flashy than the
Magnum PI model, it is a 2+2 with 240 hp, yet it seems to be the runt
of the Ferrari litter to some. To me, it is a mid-engined exotic, one
of the last carb'd Ferraris, and quite comfy to drive everyday, with
parts obtained more easily than the ones for a Montreal or a Ghibli.

So, sometime in the next three weeks, we are taking it on a shakedown
run to Vegas. We plan to go through the drive-thru and have an Elvis
minister marry us for the second time (if that sort of renewing thing
is allowed).

And I still have two Alfas. The older (or newer, really) cousin arrives
this weekend.

thx
luke, San Mateo, CA

74 Spider, 82 GTV6 3.0s, 75 Dino 308GT4, 98 Audi A6 Q (hers)