4 cyl into 6 cyl chassis

Ben

I think you'll find that you can't use the V6 driveshaft with the 4. Best
way is to check the numbers on the doughnuts; if either the front or rear
correspond to the other driveshaft you may be ok. The later Alfetta 2
litre, the one called the "GTV 2.0" as distinct from the "GTV 2000" which
was the earlier version and looked like the Alfetta Gt, had body panels and
other items in common with the GTV6. The driveshafts on the variants seems
to be different lengths and the doughnuts are a real can of worms...... so
why should that be a surprise?! i learnt this the hard way when trying to
rebuild an Alfetta driveshaft. The input shaft on the bellhousing is
different on the GTV6 from that on the 2 litre. We used the 2 litre
transaxle on our race car. It lasted 2 years and then the 570 hp proved too
much and the bellhousing blew up. We switched to the GTV6 unit and that
solved the problem.

I'm puzzled why you want to put a 4 into the GTV6 especially when it
involves cutting and welding the chassis. Why not a Chrysler 440 for
goodness sake if you're going to all that trouble!  :-) !

Les -Blues Brothers fan ,  sweltering in Wellington, NZ - summer is here!