re: transplant 4 cylinder engine into 6 cylinder chassis

hi ben, ewe said:
>...has anyone ever tried to put a 4 cyl (116 series)  into a GTV6 >chassis?...
<<<ya, alfa!  :>)  >>>  ...I have a  1985 GTV6 with a decent >body and a great
interior that has terminal wiring problems (buried deep in >the harness-probably
a problem since the car was new-going back to the >original owner) now resulting
in a car (for all intents  and purposes) that >won't run.  I don't have the time
nor patience to replace the entire cars    >>6cyl wiring harness hoping that
fixes the problem.  I have decided that >one of two things is going to happen to
this car:
>1.  Drop in a hot (160+ hp) Alfetta engine complete with 4 cyl wiring >harness
and gauges.  I have three Alfetta donors for the transplant.
>2.  Break the car up and part it out....
==================================
two things come to mind here:
1) when i 1st got my gtwe6 five years ago, i had a multitude of electrical
gremlins that kept the car dying unexpectedly & kept its miscellaneous
electrical systems randomly operating.  *all* of these problems were cured by
methodically cleaning/lubing the fusebox/fuses, & by bending the fuse-holders to
put more tension on the fuses.  replacement of fuses w/the glass buss fuses also
helps.
2) even if you *pay* someone else to *entirely* rewire your car, *including* gnu
aftermarket fusebox w/modern fuses, i'm sure it would be much less time & money
than conwerting to a 4-cylinder, even if you do the conwersion *yourself*

i, by the way, have nothing against 4-cyl gtwe6's - after all, this is how the
factory made 'em from '75-'80...

one person's opinion,

doug s.