transplant 4 cylinder engine into 6 cylinder chassis

I know there are going to be tons of people who will question "why anyone
would want to swap a 4 cyl for a 6 cyl?" - just humor me for now - I am much
more comfortable with the 4 than a 6 when it comes to wiring.  I have seen
threads about people contemplating stuffing a 6 cyl in a 4 cyl chassis - has
anyone ever tried to put a 4 cyl (116 series)  into a GTV6 chassis?  I have a
1985 GTV6 with a decent body and a great interior that has terminal wiring
problems (buried deep in the harness-probably a problem since the car was
new-going back to the original owner) now resulting in a car (for all intents
and purposes) that won't run.  I don't have the time nor patience to replace
the entire cars 6cyl wiring harness hoping that fixes the problem.  I have
decided that one of two things is going to happen to this car:
1.  Drop in a hot (160+ hp) Alfetta engine complete with 4 cyl wiring harness
and gauges.  I have three Alfetta donors for the transplant.
2.  Break the car up and part it out.
I suspect the biggest challenge of the conversion will be the motor mounts.
If anyone has done this conversion and would like to share their thoughts - I
am all ears.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas