RE: Help! Milano clutch removal

Dan Scolaro wrote:

>> Does anyone have any tips for getting the slave cylinder out?
Some genius put the circlips on with the opening at the top. I
have only succeeded in getting the back one out which doesn't
really help with removing the fork. Not that it matters though
since the slave cylinder has welded itself to the bracket through
the miracle of corrosion... <<

When I had this problem I ended up removing the slave cylinder
bracket. It's held on by 3 bolts that are (of course) fairly
difficult to get to. In any case, once the bracket is removed
(and the flex hose disconnected) you can remove the circlip(s)
and press the slave cylinder out of the bracket.

Use anti-sieze when reassembling and remember to rotate the
slave so the bleed nipple is at the top of the cylinder.

Good luck,

Rich Hirsch
St Louis MO