Door No Close-- HELP!!!

The Passenger side door on my 86 GTV6 has decided it will no longer stay
closed! I have tried using wd-40 and lock de-icer with no avail. I checked
the drivers side, and on the good (working) side, when I press in the two
parts of the female (connected to door) part of the door lock, they click in
until I use the door opener, but the two parts do not stay closed on the pass
(not working) door. What does this mean???
Any help would be greatly appreciated as my friends are tired of holding
their door shut as we drive! I have also lost the abilty to drive by myself
because of this!!!
Thanks,
Jeff