Re: A/C Control Unit

> My question is, what is the likely hood of this conclusion, in that all
> the buttons seem to function fine when I brought the car in.  Selecting
> which vents and temp seem to work perfectly.  The only odd thing is the
> main temp selection LEDs would wig out every once and awhile during
> driving, flashing all the individual LEDs rapidly.  Does this sound like a
> bad board? :(
>
> If so, I have been told they are $1500 new.  Is this true? I do remember
> some one on the list some time ago looking for a used one.  Does someone
> know where I might have luck finding a used one?

I think I'm the guy you are talking about.  My HVAC computer didn't fail in
this manner.  When mine died, nothing on it worked.  After getting over the
shock of price for a new one, I was able to locate a used one.  There seem
to be plenty avail able for between $150 and $300 US.  Popped it in and
everything has been working since.

Good luck,
Lawrence Hegarty, lah@domain.elided, Montreal Quebec
91 164S, 86 Graduate