Milano clutch trouble

Hi all,

Replacing the Milano's alternator this weekend was apparently not enough to
atone for the sin of driving the 164 and leaving the Platino sitting.  Now
the clutch has officially gone out.  Here's the symptoms, and hopefully
someone can tell me it's just the slave cylinder.  The pedal only engages
when quite close to the floor- there is no resistance at all until within 2
inches of the floor.  Then the firmness feels normal but the clutch only
partially disengages.  Can't put the car in gear while running and if
started in gear the car will want to creep.

The car hasn't been run but a few miles in the last few months.  The pedal
has felt normal up until the rather sudden degeneration I experienced this
weekend.  I'm guessing this is a hydraulic issue, and hopefully the slave.

Can anyone help me diagnose the condition?  I shamefully admit I haven't
crawled underneath to look for leaking at the slave cylinder.  Is that an
indicator of failure there?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Lesher

Milano, Spider and two 164s