re: Hardtop Advice for Spider

Ken,
	I own a '86 Spider and drive it year around here in DC - sun, snow,
sleet, rain, fog, heat and cold.  About 4 years ago we suffered thru
several waves of ice storms and it was very difficult to scrap ice off
the plastic rear window.  I went looking for a hard top and found a
factory model for $750 that someone had stored in his garage for several
years after selling his Spider.  Aftermarket fiberglass models can be
found for about 1/2 that price.  I had it painted to match the color of
Spider (metallic dark blue) and used it during the next winter season
and every one afterwards.  It is great to have a heated rear window, the
dome light is nice, cuts down a bit on outside noise, and looks good to
boot.  I take it off during the rest of the year and use the soft top.

	And yes, I broke the rear plastic window in the soft top when the temps
where about 10F and my gym bag hit the window.

	Bruce