Re:ES 30 - dream or nightmare Alfa

Hello,

A "short" reaction on the ES-30 story from Jorn Bereng. At the moment =
the ES-30 was introduced the opinions of the people that saw the car =
were very different.....they did like the car very much or the hate =
it...there seems to be nothing in between....but there is. All the =
people I know that ever saw an SZ say also: "I like or I hate the =
design", but......they all were very amazed obout that same =
design....even better it swept them of their feeth. That is something =
you can not say about almost any car disigned nowadays.

In the time the Junior Zagato or the Duetto were produced a lot of =
people did concider this also as very bad looking cars...but how is the =
opnion now ??

Jorn, I think you were a lucky man to see once an SZ ( I think there is =
only one in Norway ) but did you ever drive the car ??

I did never drive a car myself in wich cornering is possible at such =
high speeds as in the SZ. It seems the car can reach 1.3 G-force or more =
in corners..... a Ferrari F-40 "only" does reach 1.0 G !!
You can drive so fast trough a long bent in the road that you feel sick =
/ dizzy at the end of it..... maybe you need first an air-force training =
to drive an SZ ?!

The road-handling is perfect !! It is the only production car I know of =
with groud-effect, CW =3D 0.3. The engine is fast enough for me ( at the =
German Autobahn you can go upto 275 km/h.....!! ) but if you want more =
power the engine can easily be tuned...( with a twin turbo the engine =
has 550 PS !! )etc.etc.

A other thing about the design and this you can see at all the Zagato =
bodied cars..... the design is timeless. I drive my SZ daily and the =
most people that do not know this car do ask me: " Is this a new Alfa =
"....you cannot place this car in any time...and I think if we are 10 =
years further..even than it is impossible to plce the car in time.......

If you like to know more about this amazing Alfa, you can look at my =
Home Page:

home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/monster.html

Okee.... bye....Eduard van de Beek - The Netherlands

evdbeek@domain.elided