Re:ES 30 - dream or nightmare Alfa

Hi Everybody,

I was under the impression Alfa designed that hideous car and Zagato
only built it.

Many stories on Reuters last week about DaimlerChrysler imminent take
over of Fiat.  Only if it was true.

Ralph DeLauretis

FYI --

Fiat-DaimlerChrysler near to merger- Italy press

     MILAN, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Fiat and DaimlerChrysler are close to
an accord which would involve a share swap and the Stuttgart giant
taking over Fiat's auto division, Milan daily Il Giornale said on
Wednesday quoting "authoritative sources."

     Rome daily Il Messaggero also quoted unnamed sources as saying
the same about such a marriage adding that an accord would seem to
already have been reached although it has not yet been signed due to
opposition from Fiat honorary chairman Gianni Agnelli.

     Merger rumours linking Fiat and other auto giants such as
DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motors surface regularly and so far
have consistently been denied by the Turin company.

     "We do not comment on rumours," said a Fiat spokesman on
Thursday.