Re: Clubs and Organizations and "enthusiasm?"

Huh? Bill, the ARA is alive and well with a sizeable membership.
Perhaps what you've run into is the old "changing of the guard"
syndrome. We just inaugurated the new Board of Directors, and I
understand they just had their event planning meeting. The actual
membership application has to be sent in by mail, but you can
print it out from the URL below. We're always looking for members
with enthusiasm. Many of the member's cars hide during the winter,
but are out in full force during the more pleasant months. Events
to look for include one or two swap meets, 3 or 4 autocrosses, tours,
the annual pilgrimage to Monterey for Concours Italiano, and a monthly
meeting of the board that all members are invited to for dinner and
comraderie. If you were a member, you would be reading the Overheard
Cams, one of the best newsletters in the car club business. In it you
will find a wealth of information, including helpful souls who answer
questions over the phone and shops that cater to our chosen marque.
If you've felt like a second class citizen at local establishments,
you're going to the wrong shops. You might find better ones in the
Cams.

Main site:
  http://www.speedquest.com/ara/
Membership app: