Clubs and Organizations and "enthusiasm?"

Does anyone have any information on Alfa Romeo clubs
and organizations in the Bay Area of CA?  I've been
trying to get involved in one, but have been
unsuccessful.  The only one I have found is the "Alfa
Romeo Association", but they seem to be defunct.
Also, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a lack
of enthusiasm for Alfas in the Bay Area?  The only
friendly help that I've ever gotten was from
mail-order catalogs.  I always felt like a second
class citizen when dealing with local
establishments... or is that because I am the owner of
a later model Spider?

All enthusiastic and no where to go,
Bill Kraft
Dublin, CA