Verde Broken...Again!

Well,

The Verde's parking break gave up the ghost today..well just the cable. I
had been having weird brake happenings the last 2 days, and not driving the
car too much...I decided to go out for lunch today, at work, good thing too.
The parking brake cable snapped when I went to put it down...then when went
to drive out the driveway, I found that the car would stop on its own,
without me applying the brakes. I got a little ways down the street and
could smell the brakes burning (I thought that maybe I could make it home, I
live less than 2 miles away). I pulled into a parking lot and could see the
smoke flowing out the backend...I almost blasted the back brakes with my
fire exstinguisher, but the smoking went down shortly.
I had the car towed to Roselli's in San Jose. They seem really nice, and
look like they know what they are doing. I couldn't afford to tow it to
Santa Cruz, to my regular mechanic. Bummer, the darn thing...I had just
started saving up money for my emergency / repair fund. Good thing I
guess...that $400 will come in handy.

Ted