Milano running costs

Here's a question, given the threads recently on running costs,
particularly of newer Alfas.

Felt the first signs of clutch slippage this morning. First call
was to Eddie at Silicon Valley Perf. 4 hours plus $700 for the
clutch (disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing etc.) Phew! $1000
is a huge amount of money. Larry at APE then suggested a used
plate/bearing kit and a new disc. The disc is $100, kit is $80
plus Eddie's time comes out to more like $500. THAT I can do
without too much pain or Top Ramen.

What would y'all do? I know I run the risk of needing a new
pressure plate or bearing if I go with a used one that turns out
to be no better than what I have right now, but maybe that'll
happen when I'm richer (or after I get my tax refund!)

With all the trouble I've had this month it feels like the car
is daring me to stop liking it.

Neil
'87 Milano Oro
San Francisco