Re: alfa-digest V7 #1302

In a message dated 01/27/2000 5:53:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Yep, you guessed it, another question about my '87 Milano.

 What is the correct oil pressure supposed to be on the Milano when
 warm?

 Mine is constantly pegged (110 lbs) when I am on the gas.  At idle, it
 sometimes drops to around 55lbs.

It's supposed to be about 55 - 57 when warm and under load, I believe.  And
that's what my Milano reported.  The GTV6 is another issue!  Originally, it
barely got up to 57 under load and once the oil warmed up it ran a reported
half that... until! - I changed out the detensioner.  Since, it's been just
as you describe your Milano.  Go figure! My personal feeling is that too
little pressure is much worse than too much, and that with no catastrophic
effects after quite a few years, the screwy high press under load is both not
a problem and also not true.  Now, if I started getting 10 or 0 lbs at speed
I would start worrying!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA
84GTV6