Re: getting around the import rules (forward)

The #1 Lurking curmudgeon got spurred by the recent question about possibly
sneaking in a Q4, and sent me a brief message which I forward herewith:

REFER THOSE QUESTIONS TO http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

ITS ALL THERE, FACTS, DETAILS, AND OFFICIAL.  HOW LAZY CAN THESE PEOPLE
BE?????? THIS SHOULD GO INTO THE DIGESTUM "FAQ" PAGES

The only quibble I would add is that such facts, details and official whatnot
tend to be currrent and to shed little or no light on just what the facts and
details were at particular times in the past, which can be of considerable
interest to the historian, useless as they (both the facts and the
historians) may be.

Also one minor caveat is that (in my experience) the federal regulations do
not preclude careless writing of state regulations, which can be a separate
hurdle.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.