Spider hard top seal replacement

I discovered today that my Spider's hard top leaks too much to take
it out on wet days so it's time to replace the gasket.  I found out
that the gasket is actually two separate pieces, one for the open
area and one for the rear deck.  They're not terribly expensive ($163
and $59 respectively from Alfa Parts in Berkeley) so I'm considering
trying to do it myself.  Having never done this before I'd like some
feedback from anyone out there who has.

My main question about it is how are the seals held in place?  Alfa
Parts says they just fit into a groove.  I thought for sure that they
would be held on by some kind of adhesive.

Thanks!

  -Robert
   1985 GTV6
   1987 Spider Quadrifoglio

  Robert Abatecola       | Internet Connectivity, VPN, DSL, ISDN,
  The Stradivarian Group | Low Cost Web Hosting, Network Consulting,
  (408) 257-4482         | Software Development, Database Development,
  robert@domain.elided       | Mac OS/UNIX/Linux/Windows, Sys Admin

End of alfa-digest V7 #1275