Re:importing an ALFA

It is my impression that importing a non-federal car is expensive and
difficult. Stopping such activity is the only area that I have ever seen
our government excel in. I lived in Italy for 3 years and it was well
known that the only cars (post 1967) that could be shipped to the US had
to have "US Specs" and have a sticker to that effect. Even if the car is
identical to one that is exported, it can't come in without "papers".
It's a good idea, but if it could be done easily, it would happen all
the time.