Re: busted fan replacement

Joe says:
>I did this last summer, and have absolutely no regrets, except: The
>radiator shop, instructed to install a fitting for a 180F thermoswitch, put
>in one for which I have been able to find only a 212F (Honda) switch. So I
>put in a manual switch until I have the gumption to pull the radiator again
>and have it done by someone more competent, or look till I find the correct
>temp range switch, or invent one.

I have fitted thermoswitches to a GTV and my Giulia.  One was sourced from
a scrap Alfetta radiator (thanks Lee Scanlon) and the other from a FIAT
128.  Sweat the fitting off the old radiator with a blowlamp.  Cut the hole
in the bottom tank, next to the outlet, with a 22mm flat blade wood bit.
Clean up with sandpaper, then sweat the new one on using flux and plumbers
solder.  A doddle.

Cheers
Mat