Verde oil pressure light

I swear my Verde must know that I was going to sell it, and now knows I am
keeping it, because it feels like it can now slack off a bit. What being out
of harms way and all.
I was driving a friend home from lunch yesterday, when the oil pressure
light went on. The gauge has been acting funny, bouncing around, so I
figured the sender was going bad. The light kind of scared me. I pulled over
and tried to figure out if anything bad was happening. I  checked the oil,
it had some, but consumed a lot (1 quart) since the last time I checked
(Sunday afternoon). I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary (not that I
knew what exactly I was looking for). The engine wasn't making any horrible
knocking sounds, like it was going to die or anything. So I drove it a ways,
before I stopped again, and decided to call up my mechanic and shoot it by
him.
He said it was probably the sender like I thought, but that it was weird
that they were both (the light and pressure gauges) going bad at the same
time. He asked if I had hit the sump on anything, or changed anything on it
recently. I said no. So I went back to the car, and then remembered that I
had bottomed out a month ago on a driveway. I checked the pan, and has a
nice 3-4 inch divot no the bottom, probably from the driveway. I started
getting nervous, like I might have fd the thing up, but I figured that it
would have done all this a month ago, when I knocked the thing, not now. So
I started the car, and the light did not come on.
Later that night it came back on, and stayed on. I am thinking it must be a
bad sender.
Are these hard to change? Its located at the back of the engine right? I
looked up the parts in the International catalogue, I guess I need a light
sender and gauge sender. What's the procedure for putting these bad boys on?
Thanks,
Ted