Re: Best Classic under $20k

I second the suggestion of a Jaguar.  If the E-type does not look modern
enough for you (IMHO it is the most beautiful car, ever made, period)--you
could find a nice V12 XJS for well under 20K.  I have an 87 XJ6 and a 73
ALFA Spider and I like how the two complement one another.  The cat is big
and fast and luxurious and smooth riding with excellent handling and
tremendously complex and quirky.  The spider is fun and small and fast and
fun and noisy and fun with great handling (did I mention fun!?) and quirky
to but clean and simple.

Anyway, here is a link to a 1972 E Type 2+2 close to your price range:
http://www.motorcarsinc.com/jagclub/For_Sale.fol/ForSale.html

and more at
http://www.motorcarsinc.com/jagtable.html

(I have no connections to the sellers, yada, yada, yada.)