Re: Best Classic under $20k

In my humble opinion, there is only one car to fit the bill............Jaguar E Type FHC Series 1, or XKE as you call them over there.  I have been in the process of buying such a car for ages.  I waited 18 months for one that was undergoing a full body off restoration.  The guy wouldn't take a deposit but absolutely assured me the car was mine as soon as it was finished.  He sent me up to date reports on progress etc., hell I even visited the USA to meet the
guy.  Then after all, he just went dead on me, no more e-mails, telephone calls and faxes went unanswered, I guess he just got a better deal.  Anyway that one was priced at 23k, a little over your 20k figure, but I am sure there are examples around that can be had for that price.  The Jaguar is one of the all time classics, what an engine, 10 mph to 100 mph in top gear, 150 top speed, reasonable handling considering its vintage, and oh the looks to die for.
British Racing Green with Biscuit leather interior, oh yes.  Yes I am still looking myself.

David Boxall
Dubai
69 1750 Spider

End of alfa-digest V7 #1258