Re: Lift points for floor jack

Brian Beckham <Gtv6owner@domain.elided> wrote:

> All this talk of lifts, reminds me I need to raise my 1985 GTV6 so I
> can get under it to work on something (clutch is not engaging and a
> small leak of fluid appears under the rear of the car). I intend to
> use a floor jack and 4 jackstands. I can find the 4 reinforced points
> where the jackstands can go, but where are the proper points to use
> the floor jack to lift the car? I don't want to damage anything with
> the floor jack so if possible be specific as to the locations to lift
> the front and rear so I can get the jack stands under the car.

The front jack point is the square bracket that bridges the front
anti-roll bar.

You can lift the rear end by jacking directly on the center of the
DeDion tube.  This will not damage the tube, but take care not to
lift against any part of the Watts linkage.  And note that the tube
is round, so make certain that the jack contacts it securely.

- -Tom
thomasw@domain.elided