Re: Spider starting problem

Nick,
 I think you have a sticky starter solenoid. My 79 Alfetta GT has the
same problem.  My morning ritual on cold days is to open the hood, tap
on the solenoid a bit to "wake it up" and then start the car.  The thing
needs replacing and I know that one day it's going to bite me in the
butt and stay dead.  Then where will I be?  It's head gasket time, too,
so I suppose I'll address both issues at once.

As far as I know, Charging or jumping gives it just that little extra
bit of juice it needs to kick over.  Or so goes my theory...
Opinions?

Mark Tamas
Eugene, Oregon