Milano Driveshaft Length

Hi all,

I blew the front doughnut of my 87 Milano Platinum at the Chicago AROC time
trials at Road America, second lap of practice. In doing so I damaged the
driveshaft, bellhousing and flywheel. I traded for a driveshaft and when I
went to install it I found that it was approximately 3/8" shorter than my old
one. This gives the rear doughnut a very visible twist. The measurement was
taken between the center support bearing and the transaxle yoke. The old
driveshaft was the spline at the flywheel type the new one is the non-splined
with the thick center doughnut, often seen on automatics, although this one
was from a Silver. Am I missing something? Everything I have heard is that
the two are interchangeable. What could be causing the problem?

Any help would be appreciated,

John Katos
West Dundee, IL