RE: Milano Verde

At Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:57:09 -0800 "Jorge Mazlumian" wrote:
>Ted
>I respect your opinion, (after all you do what you want, who am I), but I
>bought my second Milano 89 13 months ago (because the 88 was totalled in an
>accident) for 5 grand or so, did minimal repairs to it, and only spend money
>in gas and oil since then.  And I do not work much on my car, my mechanic
>does (or wishes to do).  Am I lucky or you got a lemon?  Where are you going
>to find a car less expensive to own, including repairs and monthly loan
>payments?.  Forget -for a moment- that it's a blast to drive and lots of
>fun.  It's just a bargain to own.  And you want to take a loan to buy an
>unknown (used?) car 'cause it's cheaper?  hmm!  My math tells me this may
>not be the best choice.  However, I'm sure you have other reasons and
>arguments to come to this decision and wish you good luck in your plans.
>However, again, ti prego!, think it over again.
>best wishes

I'm with Jorge on this.
Ted, I don't really know your reasons, but why don't you think to keep your
75 and forget about any other crap???
As I did... my car is all but a commuter... at least here, with the gasoline
prices we have and the poor mileage I get out of it (doesn't matter
how slow and how conservatively I drive, I can't get out anything better
than 10km per liter... and I have to travel 30km per day just for coming
to office!).  When I decided to get it I follow my heart, caring shit
about anything else.  I just got a VERY CHEAP scooter (50cc moped) for
daily commuting, that's even better on traffic than any car or other
motorcycle (remember I'm also a motorcycle rider).  IT gives me some
30km per liter :-)))) and it uses unleaded that's even cheaper than my
75's beloved leaded fuel :)
..Hey... do ya prefer a perfect woman, never complaining, but also an ICE,
or one ain't perfect just a bit more ball breaker, but HOT and driving you
crazy ?? :-)))
What you'll save on repairs will be wasted on therapies, cuz you'll never
forgive yourself for what you're gonna do! :))) You're gonna feel a guilty
sense
all your life long!!!
And imagine: you own the real original LAST old style ALFA made in this
millenium... in 3-4 days you'll be owning one of the finest cars
of previous millenium....
Naaaa dude... get rid of your lame ideas and keep the 75! It kicks arses!

Luca Piotto
Former 75 1600 owner
Current 75 1800 Turbo owner
+ there's my mother's car that's a 75 1600 too :-)

did I say I love this model ??? :))))