164 steppers again, and fuel pressure woes?

For those awaiting surgery on their dashboard due to stepper failure, I
recommend you consider disconnecting the inboard end of the cable from the
stepper before jamming the other end with a screwdriver or whatever 'tool"
is popular these days. The inspection hatch in the glovebox opening will
allow access to the cable end which can be removed from the actuating arm,
allowing the other end to be manipulated relatively easily. Indeed, in  a
desperate moment I considered boring a hole in said inspection hatch and
rigging up some sort of string or stick arrangement to give me temporary
manual control of the flap! This was after seriously contemplating
"correcting" the incredible engineering error made by ALFA in designing a
dashboard that is essentially unserviceable, with a hole saw of the correct
size. For the record, I managed to figure out a way to replace the
temperature stepper through this inspection hatch, with the assistance of a
very persistent and skilled mechanic. Just as I was broadcasting this feat
to the Digest, the other stepper started to click so pointless really.

For the non accelerating modified S have you considered whether the fuel
pressure regulator can deliver enough fuel at the new higher airflows
you've arranged? Modified SAAB turbos usually require a higher pressure
regulator to accommodate these mods.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada