Turbine thermometer

Ciao Alfisti,=20

I've got an idea to keep turbine temperature under control on my 75 1800
Turbo.
Normally after some abuses, I drive coupla km w/o turbine joining the
party, and then, once arrived back home, I leave it idling some minutes
just to let the oil flowing around while the turbine cools down, coming
back to a normal color from the red fire hot one it normally turns to. :)
For being absolutely sure it cooled down, I open the hood and take a look
at it, waiting for a normal color.=20
I thought that a thermometer, once known the "not bloody hot"-temp would=
 help
me in the process w/o having to look at it personally.  The only problem,
ofcourse, is that we're not talking about some normal temperatures, so
I can't get an environmental thermometer, nor a coolant one... cuz both
can handle temperatures up to 100-200=B0C I think.  A red fire hor coloured
metal
piece must be at much much much higher temps, so I must look for something
else. My intention, if possible, is to adapt a thermometer that's already
used for other purposes... any idea where I could get it from ?
I'd also would like to know if there are already out there some=
 thermometeres
made just for this.  My idea is to put the sensor rather close to the=
 turbine
(not touching) so the measurement will be pretty accurate.... and, anyway,=
 I'm
gonna just read one threshold, over which I will keep the engine idling,
and under
I will turn it off: this way I don't really care about reading the TEMP,
but just
seeing that level (I could set it, as I said, as the temp level at which the=
=20
turbine parts dims off and turns to normal color).

Another idea I'd like to evaluate, is to install a lille fan, 12V driven,
blowing
air toward the turbine, and switchable by a normal switch I'd put somewhere
inside=20
the car... any idea ? I want it to be small to fit inside there (too much
things
inside the engine place... there's room for nothing!), and I want it to be
temperature
resistant (so it can't be made of plastic, must be a metal one, kinda the
radiator
one but smaller). Where could I get it from?

Thanx in advance.
Luca

nodoubt,=20
937 landpilot