re: red Shankle springs

hi mike, ewe said:
>Can you tell if a Shankle spring is Sport or Supersport by the color of the
>spring?  I'm interested in purchasing some used red Shankle rear springs
>for a Milano.  Are these Sport or Supersport?
==================
my shankle sport springs are red, but i dunno if the supersports *aren't*.  but,
that's only part of the problem yule have - alfa-ricambi lists two sport springs
- - the 4710 will lower an '88 or later milano 1.3"; the 4716 will lower an '88 or
later milano 2.3".  the same w/the supersports: 0478 *raises* an '88 or later
milano 0.1"; the 0470 lowers an '88 or later milano 0.9".  for '87 & earlier
milanos, yer an inch lower than these #'s.  if your seller doesn't have the part
#, i suggest ewe call alfa-ricambi for some help - they may have dimensional
info.  800.225.alfa.

good luck,

doug s.

Michael Conrey