RE: '90 Spider ignition problems in 1220

Graham, I have explained that problem a few times and suggested a cure that
works fine for me.  The Alternator warning light lets you know if the
alternator is charging when it goes out.  The indicator light on the
instrument panel is in series with the alternator exciter circuit and it
allows current to flow into the alternator to make it start charging.  Once
it get a little bit of current it sort of turns things on but not fully
until the rpms go up a bit for self excitation.   If you want to have the
light go out as soon as the engine starts you must install a higher wattage
panel light or simply feed the exciter circuit with a FULL 12 VOLTS.   My
cure is very simple, I connected a pilot light to the green wire that goes
down to the alternator and fed it from an ignition keyed circuit so that it
only got energized when the ignition switch is on.  The effect is a higher
voltage to the exciter, therefore, it starts instantly.  Try it.